Macbeth and GDPR – Our Commitment to Data Privacy
Macbeth is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will go into effect May 25, 2018. The regulation contains the most significant changes to European data privacy legislation in the last 20 years. It is designed to give EU citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify a number of existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive law.
Our customers can trust that we have made GDPR a priority and have devoted significant resources toward our efforts to comply with GDPR.
What We Are Doing
Like many other services companies, we are implementing our company-wide GDPR compliance strategy leading up to May 25, 2018 and beyond. We appreciate that our customers have requirements under GDPR that are directly impacted by their use of Macbeth, and we are committed to helping our customers fulfill their requirements under GDPR.
Below are a few examples of initiatives we have committed to in order to satisfy GDPR requirements that apply to both our customers and us:
• Committing to security and privacy measures required under GDPR. We have various security layers. We use Securi Net for our websites and ZOHO CRM for our customer relationship management.
Securi Net : https://sucuri.net/
Zoho CRM : https://www.zoho.eu/security.html and https://www.zoho.eu/gdpr.html
• Macbeth is not transferring data outside the US and never share personal details prior our customer consent.
• Assisting our customers with satisfying their GDPR data security and privacy requirements, notifying regulators of personal data breaches on our systems and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end-users.
• Ensuring our staff that access and process our customer’s personal data are bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data.
• Committing to carrying out data impact assessments and consulting with EU regulators where appropriate.
Do we process personal data of our customers?
Where do we send customer data?
Can you guarantee that my data will stay in a certain location (e.g., Europe)?
Macbeth features require that data be transferred only to a European Cloud Services. In addition, our employees and contractors may need access to data stored in the EU from a non-EU country (e.g., US or Australia) for technical and support related reasons. In all cases where data is transferred outside of the E.U., Macbeth commits to ensuring such transfers are compliant with applicable data transfer laws, including GDPR.
Are we Privacy Shield certified?
Yes. We are a certified entity under ZOHO’s Privacy Shield certification. You can view this Privacy Shield certification here. https://www.zoho.eu/privacy.html
Macbeth is 100% committed to customers’ success and the protection of customer data. Customers can count on our commitment to GDPR compliance. For more information, you can always send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Privacy – We are committed to protecting your privacy of your personal information.
• Security– Our customer focused culture ensures that security is a top priority.
Thank you for your interest in Macbeth!